|Maybank Investment Bank tops the board in Bloomberg's Malaysia League Tables for the first half of 2012
July 16, 2012
Maybank Investment Bank has ranked number one in Bloomberg's Underwriter League Tables in Malaysia, edging out all other banks. The bank also emerged top of the Malaysian Mergers and Acquisition League Tables for the first half of 2012.
- No. 1 in Malaysia Mergers and Acquisitions
- No. 1 in Malaysia Domestic Bonds
- No. 1 in Malaysia Ringgit Islamic Bonds
- No. 1 in Malaysia Domestic Equity Offerings (IPO)
- No. 1 in Malaysia Domestic Equity Offerings
- No. 1 in Malaysia Equity & Rights Offerings
- No. 1 in Malaysia Loans Mandated Arranger
- No. 1 in Malaysia Loans Book Runner
According to Bloomberg's independent rankings, Maybank Investment Bank topped the country’s mergers and acquisitions, capturing 35.5% of the market with a total of 16 deals from January 1 to June 30, 2012.
Notably, the bank also clinched the top spot as leading underwriter for the period with a market share of 26.3%. The Malaysian domestic bond issuance in the first half of 2012 totalled MYR 34.8 billion. This was dominated by Islamic bond issuance which aggregated at MYR 23.4 billion. Maybank Investment Bank emerged number one in both the 2012 first half Malaysia Domestic Bonds and Islamic Bonds tables with 29.9% and 31% market share, respectively. Maybank Investment Bank also topped the table in total amount of loans issued in the country, with 25% of the market share.
"We believe Maybank Investment Bank is the strongest choice for an investment bank in Malaysia with local and regional expertise," said Tengku Dato' Zafrul, the bank's Chief Executive Officer. "We are delighted with our ranking as it underscores our relentless pursuit of excellence and our client-centric approach. We are extremely proud of this accomplishment and want to thank our clients for helping make us the powerhouse that it is."
The ranking reflect the diversity of transactions concluded by Maybank Investment Bank, namely:
- Projek Lebuhraya Usahasama Berhad’s MYR30.6 billion Sukuk, the largest ever Sukuk issuance in the world and Malaysia’s single largest bond issuance. The completion of this transaction marked one of Malaysia’s largest privatisation and restructuring exercises. Maybank Investment Bank acted as the Joint Lead Manager.
- Felda Global Ventures Holdings Berhad's RM10.4 billion IPO was the largest IPO and equity offering in Malaysia for the year and also the second largest IPO globally as at the pricing date. Maybank Investment Bank acted as Joint Principal Adviser, Joint Global Co-ordinator, Joint Bookrunner, Joint Managing Underwriter and Joint Underwriter.
- Maybank Investment Bank is the Joint Principal Advisor to Sapura Kencana Petroleum Berhad to facilitate the merger of SapuraCrest Petroleum Berhad and Kencana Petroleum Berhad. With an expected market capitalisation in excess of RM10 billion upon its listing, the merged entity would be one of the world's largest integrated oil and gas service provider.
A detailed list of Maybank Investment Bank's ranking is as follows:
|Malaysia Mergers and Acquisitions
|Malaysia Domestic Bonds
|Malaysian Ringgit Islamic Bonds
|Malaysia Domestic Equity Offerings (IPO)
|Malaysia Domestic Equity Offerings
|Malaysia Equity & Rights Offerings
|Malaysia Loans Mandated Arranger
|Malaysia Loans Book Runner
Source: Bloomberg 2012 First Half Malaysia Capital Market League Tables and Bloomberg 2012 First Half Malaysia Mergers and Acquisitions League Tables, from 1 January 2012 to 30 June 2012
About Maybank Investment Bank Berhad
Maybank Investment Bank Berhad (“Maybank IB”), incorporated under the name of Asian & Euro-American Merchant Bankers Malaysia in 1973, was formed to undertake the full range of investment banking services. Maybank IB has one of the most extensive dealing networks in the country, supported by one of the best research houses. It has vast experience in undertaking large Initial Public Offerings of both domestic and international firms, and executing primary/private placements, share buybacks, and mergers & acquisitions. In addition, Maybank IB has a history of successfully arranging and advising on both conventional and Islamic bond issues. Maybank IB also provides equity and commodity solutions, which serve as a catalyst for product innovation and provide a platform to customise products and solutions for retail, corporate and institutional clients.
For more information, please contact:
Geraldine Tan: +603 2059 1520 / +6019 667 1844
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tengku Amera Amran: +603 2059 1848 / +6019 392 3022
E-mail : email@example.com